Nadja Zela enjoyed a rather long and remarkable career with many years on the road. From her all-girl band Rosebud in the early 90s to her current solo project, she remained true to herself as a frontwoman with an unbound spirit. She’s a captivating vocalist, astonishing songwriter and an electric guitarist with a distinctive angry while bewitching style. Her music flirts with the warm sensuality of the blues, but she leads her brute folk into cinematic sound spheres that undermine any emerging nostalgia. She unsettles, then again spends unexpected comfort. Zela's writing draws noticeably from personal experience, but she finds a true, lyrical expression of our existence's brokenness and fragility in times of uncertainty.
Nadja Zela is currently working on her 5th album, which will be about death, dying, grief and comfort.
- 29.05.2021: Kulturhaus Helferei, Zürich
- 16.-18.08.2021: TBA Festival 2021, Winterthur
- 04.09.2021: Kurtheater, Baden
- 11.09.2021: Fraumünsterhof, Zürich
- 17.09.2021: Palace, St. Gallen
- 18.09.2021: Bad Utoquai, Zürich
- 25.09.2021: Mauz, Einsiedeln
- 29.10.2021: KiFF, Aarau
- 09.12.2021: Theater am Gleis, Winterthur
- 07.02.2022: Rössli Beiz, Stäfa