Arthur Hnatek — Mille Feuille
Arthur Hnatek and Taut - Mille Feuille
Possessed of a waltz-like lilt not often found in electronic music, Mille-Feuille revolves around simple melodic figures and nimble drums. It’s many layers of percussion, performed programmed and manipulated, recall the percussive jangles favored by producers like Four Tet and Bonobo. Strings and synths swell and recede until the childlike, pentatonic motif ultimately gives way to a majestic, rising melody.
Arthur Hnatek and Taut (aka Jacob Bergson) first met as university students in New York, over a decade ago. Best known for their sideman work, with the likes of Tigran Hamasyan, Erik Truffaz, Kimbra and Jojo Mayer/Nerve, they both experienced parallel slides into the world of electronic music production. Individualists both instrumentally and compositionally, their converging interests made collaboration increasingly inevitable.
|Promotion:||Mouthwatering Records, Nadine Schärer|
- 19.01.2022: Studio 15, RTS, Lausanne
- 20.01.2022: Jazz in Bess, Lugano
- 21.01.2022: le signe, Biel
- 01.02.2022: Jazz Club Chur, Chur
- 11.02.2022: Kulturscheune Liestal, Liestal
- 12.02.2022: Unknown venue, Olten
- 17.02.2022: The Bird's Eye Jazz Club, Basel
- 19.02.2022: La Spirale, Fribourg
- 03.06.2022: Palace Theater, Los Angeles (LA)
- 08.06.2022: Boulder Theater, Boulder